Intermissionary Retreats are all about rest, reflection & the love of God...
But sometimes those who need it the most - people working in global healthcare and humanitarian crisis zones - can't afford a week-long break, even if they really need it. Most missionaries already operate on a tight budget, trying to make the most of every dime given by their supporters.
At Girl Catch Fire, we get this, and Intermissionary Retreats are already heavily subsidized. Nonetheless, for some, they are still out of reach. So we started the Intermissionary Scholarship Fund, designed to connect hardworking missionaries, who are making huge sacrifices, with people like you who would like to surprise and bless them.
Hello missionary friend,
A generous donor has sponsored a week-long retreat for you.
Pack your bags!
How excited would you be?
How it works.
1. Girl Catch Fire is a Limited Liability Corporation, so please note that while your donation is deeply appreciated, it is NOT tax-deductible.
2. You can donate anonymously or we can connect you with the missionary you are helping. You can designate your preference on the form.
3. Girl Catch Fire grants only partial scholarships from the Intermissionary Scholarship Fund. Up to 2/3 of the registration fee may be sponsored by GCF. If granted a scholarship the participant must supply the other 1/3 of the registration fee and their travel expenses.
4. Your donation to the IM Scholarship fund is a general fund donation and WILL NOT be designated for a particular person. In this way, we can distribute the funds as effectively as possible, spreading them across multiple participants. An Intermissionary Scholarship may be less than 2/3 of the registration cost. The participants may accept or decline it based on their ability to cover the difference.
5. Should you wish to dedicate your funds to a particular person, we recommend you fund that person directly, so Intermissionary Scholarship Funds remain unrestricted.
6. Intermissionary Scholarship Funds will be used for no other purpose than funding up to 2/3 of registration fees for participants.
7. When a participant’s fee is 100% funded, (by scholarship and the participant’s 1/3 commitment) and acknowledged by GCF, then the participant may fill out the sponsored participant registration form.